Car Maintenance Basics Everyone Should Know
CAR MAINTENANCE BASICS
New and experienced car owners should know the following car maintenance basics as it could aid in information collection for car mechanics and save you loads of money on potentially expensive repairs.
1. Headlights are one of a car’s most important safety features and you could change them in under thirty minutes.
- Take out the headlight assembly retaining bolts and pull the unit forward.
- Detach the wiring harness from the bulb and twist the bulb a quarter turn. Then pull it out straight.
- Push the new bulb straight in - without touching the glass with your fingers- until you feel the silicone O-ring seat. Then twist the bulb to lock it in place before reconnecting the wiring harness.
2. Checking the tire tread depth of your car is important and could reveal the possibility of your car being out of alignment:
- Using a tread depth gauge, measure the tread depth about 1 inch from each edge and the depth of the center thread. They should all be the same.
3. Remove Battery Corrosion:
- Dirt and mineral buildup can impair the effective operation of your battery. Regularly check and clean your battery contacts with a battery cleaning brush and you should be good to go.
By following these guidelines you are able to maintain your car; saving you time and money in the long run!