Open Up Your Shop To a New Market
OPEN UP YOUR SHOP TO A NEW MARKET
Over the past few years do-it-yourself auto shops have been popping up, and they have been becoming more popular. Whether it is a new car owner that has zero tools at home, a DIY enthusiast who would rather dirty their own hands, or someone looking to save a few bucks- a new market has sprung up, and it would be wise to consider tapping into.
Having found its roots in the army, where soldiers were offered a bay full of tools and equipment they could use, at a cost, this business model has since become popular within the public sector.
- A climate-controlled environment.
- Various mechanic tools.
- Various diagnostic equipment.
- A manual or guide of some sort- whether in print or digital.
What are the advantages of having a DIY bay:
- If you have an extra bay or any extra space, that isn’t being used in your shop, this is a great way in which you can have it bring in more income.
- If there’s a lull in the number of repairs that your shop does, a mechanic can be rented by the customer in order to help them.
- Your shop attracts a secondary demographic and that expands the scope of your business.
By opening up your shop to a before unknown market, you could be tapping into a trend that will help you increase your profit margin.